Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Afternoon


A pretty uneventful day today... some breakfast, some TV, some x-rays, more TV, walk around the CCU, more TV, take a catnap in the chair, more TV.

Larry and Barbara came in the morning for a visit and caught up on the happenings since Monday. The last they saw RJ was late Monday night, when he was hooked up everywhere and still under anesthesia, so this was a great change for them to see him walking around untethered.

Lunchtime, more TV, another catnap in the chair, another walk, another catnap. He is very tired, which is completely normal. It didn't help that he finds his new bed uncomfortable and woke up at 2am with a pain in his neck and down his shoulder. I still have mine, so he didn't get it from me. It was kinda like a muscle spasm, and it didn't help his breathing at all. Once an hour he has to breathe in this plastic gizmo that helps him expand his lung capacity, and this soreness kept him from breathing as well as he was yesterday. The nurse gave him his oxygen back, and that helped.

He talked with the gang from work on the phone, which lifted his spirits. I brought Sammy over for an hour or so after school in the afternoon, and we took one last jaunt around the CCU before heading home. I have to take Kevin over to BJH tonite for sixth grade orientation... we'll see if his new found attitude will carry into the seventh grade when he is no longer BMOC.

1 comment:

RPanuzzo said...

Hey guys. Its Ralph! I spoke to Jason this morning and he told me what happened. Our familys prayers our with yours right now and and we hope for a speedy recovery! When is RJ going home? I would like to come up and see him as soon as possible. Please let me know. 858-334-9409. Best wishes, my friend.