Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sept. 26

Tried doing a post a few weeks ago, and blogger had some funky-weird posting box. I gave up and never came back to it!

In the last month school has started, we've been to a football game, back to school nights, board meetings, parent meetings, done two fundraisers, gone to boy scouts, doctor appointments, to Disneyland one evening, worked a car wash, and celebrated a birthday, and spent a few days wandering through mom's house packing things and tossing the random bath rug and empty box in the trash.

I have boxes of papers and photo albums here in the office, some that have successfully made the round trip from Buena Park to mom's house, back to Buena Park. I'm sure they missed being here and all, but man, there is sooo much. Just in going through them I have found such gems as a "Welcome to the World of Jim Nabors" cassette tape; a coupon for a free roll of film at Fotomat; a .25 coupon for Friskies cat food; an article from an 'educational magazine' on how to stay young...like President Reagan; a 1960 Marine Corp memo asking if anyone is interested in attending a motion picture projection training class; and mom's elementary, jr. high, and high school homework assignments. And that is just in the top 2" of ONE box.

Other boxes include photo albums of wedding pictures; baby books; newspaper clippings of nothing that I can figure out; a video tape of Grandpa Murdock riding Looking Glass; Scattered Pearls; Scattered Thoughts (I found my copy - woo hoo!!); geneaology papers that I am pretty sure mom and I input into the computer over the years, but the last folder I know we left off at I haven't run across yet. I am seriously needing to re-do the design of this room so that we can stop tripping over the stuff. It's also no help that I have not been able to concentrate on any one thing lately, either.

Kevin has started playing flag football after school with his good friend Thomas. He's also playing trumpet in the band... he's still trying them both out, which is good. Sammy is busy with band stuff, they've actually had a quiet month performance-wise, they will kick off non-stop schedule this Friday nite. Jacob and Matt are enjoying their teachers Mr Foster and Mrs Hansen, and have started in with a Flat Stanley project and multiplication tables.

I took a sigh of relief earlier this week - I had a spot biopsied on my arm, turns out it wasn't cancerous, but has sun damage on it. Tomorrow I get the joy of freezing it off my arm...yea. The doctor wanted to keep an eye on it for another month, but I said with my mother's history of melanoma, and my 80 or so sunburns in my life, I wasn't going to take any chances with waiting for anything. So, I have dodged the first bullet at age 41.

Here's a kinda spooky picture taken of the Castle at Disneyland:And here we have a cat-pee stained Christmas tree skirt up for auction - any bidders!?!?

No comments: