Thursday, June 5, 2008

Week of June 5

Another few days of activities a go-go around the house.

This week started with the usual Scout night on Monday night. The next night Kevin received two awards from school, a Brookhurst Service award, and a Most Improved in History award. When I asked him what he did to get the service award, I got a shrug and a nasally "I don kno..." - the typical Kevin response to everything nowadays. Not even an official teenager yet, but he sure has the vocabulary of one. But he still let me hug him, so he's not completely lost.

He also had his spring band concert the following night. Here is the picture of him and his friend Thomas. I guess you could call them best friends, but I don't think the boys are all into that "we are sooo BFF" stuff like the girls are.

And for the fourth night of activities in a row, tonight I took the boys to ride the new Toy Story Mania ride at DCA. It's not open for a couple more weeks, but we got some cast member preview passes. Totally awesome ride - it is similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot for points from your car, but way better.

I made the boys stop for another group photo in the park. I figure I better take what I can a) while there are some pretty spots left before they start demolishing and re-habbing things, and b) while the boys will still actually stand still next to each other and smile. It's getting harder and harder anymore - this is like one of three that I took - somebody always has to make a goofy face, or puts bunny ears behind their brother's head.

We met up with my friend Margo and her family in Bug's Land. Her two girls latched on to me and made me go on two rides with them. Which was fine, except the boys decided that these little squirty blasts of water were pretty darn fun to play in. Which was also fine, but I wasn't there to tell them to stop before they got completely drenched (deliberately) in about 2 minutes.

OK... poll time: Who do you think will get sick first???

No comments: