Friday, December 21, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas

Lots of stuff happening the week before Christmas. Even though RJ and I spent four out of five days at home this week with different kids being home sick on different days, it was still pretty busy.

Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts both had their Christmas party on Monday night. Too bad that two of my three kids in scouts were sick and couldn't attend.

Kevin had his concert on Tuesday - lots of brand-newbies playing Good King Wenchelas and Merrily We Roll Along. (You gotta start somewhere with 2 classes of students who just picked out their instruments in September.) Kevin's in the back row, second one in, playing trumpet. I wonder if the girl in front of him in a short skirt and sandals got sick this week since it was pouring rain and freezing cold outside.


I went to my work holiday party on Thursday from 4-6pm, then had Sammy's concert at 7pm. Would have worked out fine if we had started our white elephant gift exchange prior to 6:45 and it wasn't raining on the drive home. Fortunately, Sam's group wasn't first up. They played some really killer hard music; "Sleigh Ride" earning the adjective of "evil" from the kids as they thought it was hard to play. I thought the other stuff was harder. The concert was held at Kennedy High's new $8m auditorium - I think more was spent on that one building than every other school project in the district. I don't care, at least we weren't crowded, and I didn't have a trombone playing over my shoulder like last year.

And the final sign that Christmas is around the corner - the annual Santa visit in the neighborhood handing out candy canes courtesy of the local real estate agent. Kevin wasn't in the picture as he was snow camping, I mean freezing, at San Gorgonio with the Scouts.


Only 3 shopping days left!!

No comments: