Monday, May 14, 2007

Another Mother's Day...

Has flown by, and boy, are my arms tired. Sammy and I picked up mom yesterday for a dinner of artichokes (big mamas, too!), tri-tip, and cheesecake. Me so fat.

This last week has been rather uneventful, with the exception of taking mom to the oncologist to figure out what her treatment schedule will be, a.k.a. how our lives will change this next year. She starts with a chemo and herceptin treatment this next Friday. The previous heart scan tests came back normal, but the medication she will be taking can also affect her diabetes, so will have to monitor that all the more.

Karen is back to the races planning the wedding, since it's what, 7 weeks away?? I just got my invitation today. Since my name is on the RSVP cards, I'll be getting lots of little cards in the mail the next few weeks. Woo-hoo - mail that doesn't come in the form of a bill!!

Kevin is going to Mexico this weekend for the International Scout Camporee. I'm trying not to think about the fact that he is going to be soooo far from home, in another country... eek! Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Jacob & Matt are cruising along in Cub Scouts as well, I need to sign them up for summer camp. Now that I think about it, I need to get everyone's summer plans kinda firmed up. Sammy's will include a plan A and plan B - depending on final grades. Summer school may be in his plans, either to make up a class from this year, or to jump ahead on things. A job may be in the works, too, we'll have to see. We will definately do swim lessons, one of which will be lifeguard for Sammy and/or Kevin, along with the usual stuff for the other two. I think the Tiger Woods Center has stuff going on in the summer, so need to research that a little more, too.

Was reading back to blog posts in March, and realized that I never posted any pics from our trip to Disneyland. We went with Larry & Barbara and the kids the day before RJ's surgery. So enjoy a few!

Jacob & Matt clown around in Toontown:And mug for the camera on the Colombia:

No comments: