Friday, May 25, 2007

Coming Atcha, Michael!

Had a major spring cleaning jaunt today at mom's house with Curtis - we spent the day packing up Karen's things to David's trailer and essentially transferring the "room of doom" from CA to WA. Mom now has a bedroom and 1/2 back, and can breathe a little more in the dining room. Curtis and Scott Gibson are driving up to Seattle this weekend to deliver Karen's things before gas jumps to $5/gallon. (Who knows, it might just do that before tomorrow!)

Below is a semi-chronological pictoral essay of the day.
Michael - tap, tap, no returns!!

Man, where do you start?



Before starting on Karen's room:


Got a little bit in the trailer:


J u u u u u u s s s s t made it all fit:


But wait, there's more!



Wow, haven't seen this much carpet since who knows when!



The cats won't recognize the place:

1 comment:

Karen Dionne said...

NICE! LOVE THE PICTURES!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to you, Cindy, Curtis and Scott for ALL your hard work packing, sweating, and I'm sure swearing too.

Our front room is now the "room-of-doom". I spend a little bit of time everyday going through boxes here and there. Yeah I noticed you felt that my life would not be complete without framed pictures from Camp Cherith 1980 and 1981 or framed awards from West Covina Christian for "Perfect Dress and Participation". Michael wanted to know exactly what that was for. Apparently I participated in showing up to school everyday dressed. I think Mom should have gotten the award, not me!!

The garment bags worked great. Hope that was easier for you too.

Michael doesn't see a need for an oversized sombreo that says Mexico on it. I do. I think I will look very cute gardening with it. Safety first, don't want to get a sunburn!

There are many more kicks and giggles that are waiting for me. Since I have primarily the use of my right hand, it will take me a while to go through it all. But hey its called home therapy!

Thanks again!

Karen